"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

moments

Last summer or was it the summer before. I don't recall the day. I do recall the 45 to 60 min. Nancy, John and I stayed transfixed at the window, watching mommy raccoon with little Rocky and ReAnna Racoon. I figure Rocky was the boy, he was tumbling around falling off the rocks in to the water while, ReAnna was going after raccoon kisses. Well whatever, maybe that is too totally unpolitically correct and stereotypical...don't care. I am sure that when I think back on my life this one afternoon of friends enjoying natures playful moment will be remembered. Actually, I have no recollection of that day...just the magic of watching this raccoon family enjoy our little pond. Nancy has passed over to the other side and I miss her, so it is great to remember having this moment with her. She loved God's creatures and she had no problem taking time out to just be. She knew what was important and she showed me that, in her songs, in her poems and in her life. I wish I could be more like Nancy. Maybe I can.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful.... I too recall that day, that moment, with a warm heart. Thanks for sharing this Peggy. Made me see/hear/feel Nancy again....

    JTH

    ReplyDelete