"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Magnificent Artist

Sitting inside a cold square room in front of a sterile dell. I am looking at a pic I took several years ago and marveling at the wonder of the artist...not exquisite photo...the artist. The constant blue sky, the song of the cedar tree and the magnificent touch of the rainbow sun. There would be no picture for me to take, no breath for me to breath without the Hand of the Almighty Creator. I feel sometimes so disconnected. Do you? I think we are living in a time of disconnect.
Text messages, facebook, cell phones, computers, distant families and this wonderful world of technology.......has disconnected us from intimacy, from true friendship and true communication. Why, the more friends you have on facebook, the lonelier you feel. I always thought a friend was someone I could borrow a cup of sugar from. Someone I could laugh with and cry with. As I read the great jokes online, I laugh alone. As I send out prayer requests I cry alone. We have in some ways created a prison for ourselves and become way too self possessed. I wonder will we gain back a true community. Will we see a world again as simple and as beautiful as it was created to be. I watch teenagers in a group, they are texting. They are not even looking each other in the eyes, reaching beyond the superficial into the spirit. A text will never be a hug. A playstation will never be a game of kickball with friends. A new cell phone will never be a cheer of encouragement from your mom and dad. Things are not love. And typed words are not heart songs. Connect to the artist and the art will fill your soul!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Peggy, I so wanted to write a blog on something similar....... just didn't get around to it, I have discussed it at length with friends.... Richard and I were in town last week and had lunch. As we were going in a family with three young children were getting ready to leave, the children were under the age of six. The two oldest had ear pieces in their ears listening to their little music boxes. They walked out like zombies, not seeing anything around them, lost in their own world. Did they sit through lunch the same way, not involved in conversations at the table, with their parents or with their siblings. I felt sorry to see this, it is much like sitting them in front of the tv, no connection to reality. What will they be like as a teen? Will they even be able to hear when they are twenty? Will their parents shout to them, "Why don't you talk to us?" It will fall on deaf ears, they won't be able to talk. Maybe they can text their parents...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are living in a time where we are online with the whole world, technologly speaking, But are we online with ourself, our friends and neighbours, and last but not least with nature?Do we really in this time have any contact with the natural elements around us and within us that we in fact are a part off? Or have we become technological zoombies that put our trust in optical fibres and pixels? I think we need to go back to basic and realize what we are made off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad but true, just about all my teenager granddaughter does is text, text, text. I do like your title HE is a magnificent artist and we need to take the time to see all that was made for us to see, hear, sense, smell, etc.

    ReplyDelete