"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spring

ok Luella this one is for you!
Nothing stays the same. As I watch the snow outside my window, I am aware that in a few short weeks the dogwoods and redbuds will start to bloom. This knowledge actually helps me to enjoy the 16 inches of snow and still falling on my deck. It is lovely and I am still in my jammies at 1:00pm and will probably be in them until the snow melts on Fri. or Sat. Nothing stays the same. The struggles and challenges I face now will be gone sooner than I can blink an eye. They will be replaced by new ones. But what really needs my attention are the snow flakes and the tons of hungry birds feasting on my bird feeders outside the window. These beautiful yellow flowers will need my full attention in a few short months. These are the changes that we can count on and live for. Our creator is so incredibly good to us. Each breath is a gift, each moment a miracle as we try each day to find our way out of this darkness we have created for ourselves. As Nancy said so well "Even when we stumble, even when we fall, there is still light around it all". There lies wisdom, not in our actions, but in the beauty and light that is found in the snowflakes, the daffodils, the courage and honesty of a true friend and in the hope that love does cover a multitude of sin. We humans are so flawed, so fearful and so needy. But that all doesn't matter much in the eyes of love. We are perfect and brave and capable in the eyes of love. We are as lovely as the simple yellow flowers or the gentle white snow flakes. In the light of perfect sight, in the light that surrounds us, we are pure beauty.

1 comment: