"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Monday, April 19, 2010

paths


We just completed the Creative Expressions retreat weekend. It has stirred a longing in my soul for more creativity, more art, more beauty and more love. My Monday morning planning lists are like these steps they give me some boundaries, some direction. I still cannot see what lies beyond my plans. I can dream and fill my life with intention, but what lies at the top of this journey is still a mystery, no matter how well I lay my plans. It seems to me Creators perfect plan to leave the mystery be. To give us an opportunity to grow roots, character and faith by not knowing where our next breath leads. We experience miracles and develop gratitude when we open our hearts to whatever may come. We fly when we risk and we find courage when we cast off fear. The choice is up to us. Stay on the ground in our safe place of quiet desperation or put one foot in front of the other with determination and step up to a higher ground. Comfort zones are really only an illusion. As Iris Dement says "Easy is getting harder every day". A very wise man once told me..." step out of your comfort zone". I have been stepping and sometimes I even get to experience what it means to let my spirit soar. Can't find that feeling on the ground. So I will repeat this treasure of wisdom bestowed upon me and invite you who are reading to step out, look up and dare!

1 comment: