"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

pool time

It is hot here in Arkansas and they are saying it shall get hotter...hurrah!! I love the summer heat. When we moved into our house here 6 years ago my dream was to have an inground pool, but we opted for a $300 Walmart fill and float. I wanted a $50,000 dream pool and what I have, well, is not exactly that. But I love my pool. They said it would only last 3 years but we are in our sixth season and I was able to find relief from the summer heat in it yesterday. I am always so thankful for my little pool. I float and dream and relax in that space. The cardinals nest in a tree above me and sing me a sweet song. I can see my house as I lie there and have seen road runners, deer, redtailed hawks and many other wonderful birds and creatures. It is the one thing that can slow my sparkler mind down to a steady flow of water and thoughts. I love water in all forms (except maybe ice in the winter on the Arkansas windy roads) I love waterfalls, lakes, stream, oceans. When I was a kid and we would have a steady hard rain. The streets in our neighborhood would be full of water. Suddenly, I had my own swimming pool. I would spend all day swimming down the street. On days with no rain, there was the sprinkler
( this was pre slip and slide) The sprinkler was great! The city pool was great and going to Lake Michigan was heaven! I do love the summer heat but only if it is accompanied with water. I am so appreciative for those puddles that were my first resort experience because now a small $300 pool is pure luxury. Enjoy whatever it is that floats your boat!

1 comment:

  1. Gratitude is such a beautiful trait, and you are truly blessed with it. I love reading your blog!!!!!!!!! Peace & Blessings, Kathy

    ReplyDelete