"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to ME!
Wow! I woke up to the most wonderful birthday wishes. I may look like hell, swollen red nose, crusted over eyelids, pale, you get the picture (poor me) but my spirit is soaring... you know this whole thing is so little about the flesh and our wearing away bodies. Our spirits grow and grow and so does joy and purpose. it makes it a pure pleasure to grow a year older. To be an Elder is quite an honor and I embrace the awe of life! You all are the candles on my cake...xoxoxoxxoxo love ya tons!!
ok on with my blog
I have had many desserts in my life ( I should say too many)... but that is beside the point. I will save that lecture for my BE HEALTHY blog, which as you all know has yet to be written. But nothing is impossible. No today is about Rainbow Cake, which translates to living life to the fullest! Color, sweetness, friendship,sharing, celebrating. I hold these truth in my heart and translate them to the presents of a loving God!
These wonderful moments are not in any way tied to our present state of being. I for one feel like a piece of cow dung right now (physically) but in my soul and spirit I am soaring with the eagles. I will probably not enjoy a birthday cake today, however the memory of this wonderful rainbow cake will do the trick and save me a few calories at the same time..oh but that is another blog. No one can accuse me of living timid or frugile. I have spent these years saying yes to just about everything ( which is not always wise) but that is the way I roll. I make no apologies for the fact that I have stumbled plenty. I could have played it safe and stayed on my feet, but I may not have experienced all the colors of the rainbow or all the sweetness of a stolen kiss or the tears of deep understanding or the laughter that takes your breath away. It is my birthday and I don't feel like my life is slipping away I feel like I have lived and lived fully. So come what may, it is ok! How old am I? old enough to know better but young enough to not care!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Peggy!!! Im with you on everything you said today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me feel joyous and it's your BiRthDay! I can identify with so much of what you wrote, wish I'd thought of it to write on my birthday! Ha! Feel better sweet friend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sending you hugs, laughter and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, Peggy ~ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete