"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

New rant

I feel a new rant about to surface. I have tried to hold it back with a cup of coffee and sweet roll and the beauty of the morning. But then I made my mistake I started to read the paper. The editorial page...bad medicine. Some guy complaining about trying to save wolves and bears, seem he doesn't like them. They spoil his pleasant walk in the woods. Hey dude get over it! For 40 years and especially for the last 20 Environmentalist and people with brains have been telling us to cut down on consumption and start conscious living. Now people are sweating, being flooded out and facing the furry of Mother Nature. So what is the editorial page answer? Lets build more, buy more and consume more... I mean it means more jobs! Help! No planet? More jobs? Let me think.... I prefer human beings remaining on the planet. I have an idea....how about more jobs nurturning Mother Earth...creating peace and products that are sustainable. Hey how about food that doesn't poison the earth and us. Maybe we could create jobs for construction instead of destruction. I am not Mother Theresa of the planet, I have a long way to go...but at least I realized that Drill baby drill was a bad idea 4 years ago and still know it today. Hey I hear the ice caps melting is effecting Alaska now, houses are sinking. Maybe Ms. Palins will float across her yard into Russia...if it did she would still shout drill baby drill. She just likes the sound of it and since shes heading straight to heaven I guess she doesn't care if the rest of us end up in %$#&! Hey turn off some lights today..do some recycling..praying...walking...thinking and loving. Intention and action just might save our planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment