"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Friday, September 17, 2010

hope


When I was a little girl, I really believed that when I would blow the wings off the dandelion that each wing would carry my prayers. As an adult...I still believe that. Each wing is a prayer to God to intervene in the life of those who need love and encouragement and especially hope.
Every week I get the honor of working with 20 young hurting souls. I get to make them cookies and try to make them laugh. I know that their needs are way bigger than what I can give. So I keep these little wings in my heart and blow them up to the Creator and ask for mighty help and mighty love that can give these boys what they have never gotten in their homes or in their families or in their community. There is a world of hurt out there in need of a lot of prayer and a lot of sacrifice and a whole lot of love. I have been blessed with loving parents and a whole community of support. I have been blessed to be taught from childhood that someone out there beyond this small finite world really cares and that I can send a small childs prayer or a big adult burden and expect that help is on its way. If we can tune into love instead of political correctness and religious separation I think we could actually make a difference in this world. After all there are plenty of angels wings just waiting to lift our prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment