"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Simon!

Today is Simon's birthday. I made cupcakes and have a group of people coming over for a celebration this evening. Simon is a special person and an incredible musician and songwriter. Simon is John's and my little brother and Poco's son. Which brings me to the point of my blog - family. We have a huge family. We have family all over the world. Morten in Norway, Seamus in Ireland Tuomas in Finland, Benedicte in the Alps, David in the Virgin Islands and on and on. In the USA our brothers, sisters, sons and daughters live from one coast to the other. I can't possibly make cupcakes for all my loved ones, but I can pray for them and reach out in love each opportunity that I get. I also have a wonderful blood family. I am super proud of them - best mom in the world, 2 sweet brothers, 2 fiery sisters, wonderful nieces and nephews, 3 children, 1 great son-in law and 4 grandsons. When I hear a little voice on my answering machine saying "hi grandma, this is jonathan, call me back, I love you", I am slain. That voice can bring me out of the loneliest, darkest place into the happiest sun-shining spot you can imagine. You grandmas know this place. If a little voice can effect a life in such a dramatic way, just think about what each one of us can do... with pure love.

No comments:

Post a Comment