"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!

"The Wind of My Soul" by Peggy Hill - Click the Pic!
Click the Pic to get the book!

Monday, March 15, 2010

the sweetest word


I told you all previously that I am crazy about my grandsons. Well I am. I tease that I have a favorite one, but the truth is my favorite one is the one I am thinking of at the moment. This time is is Damien. Damien is likely to become president in the year 2054 or he may find a cure for cancer in the year 2049. Perhaps he will write books or maybe he will teach or maybe he will wait tables or drive a truck. Whatever he does he will be passionate about it, because he is a passionate kind of guy. I have a great full life, with tons of excitement, friends and purpose... but the downside is that my grandkids live far away from me and I may get to see them once or twice a year. I hate this about my life and I try not to think about it cause it just makes me sad and can bring a tear. Rather, I want to see how blessed I am for that time I have with them. When I look at these faces, Dominick, Damien, Jonathan or Madden I am delighted, lifted to another world....Grandma world. And when they call my name Grandma, I am honored beyond belief ( better than winning a nobel prize) I believe Grandma is the sweetest word. I know a few of you grandmas who know exactly what I mean. To hold a tiny hand and to look into the eyes of heaven, that is when we know what we have been given. The fruit of our labor is so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment